Precoa Gives Back Update
It’s been nearly a month since our team of Precoa Gives Back volunteers came together in the Dominican Republic to help create a better future for the deserving students and teachers of the Mis Primeros Pasos school. Our donated time, money, supplies, and kindness have had a profound impact.
Precoa Give Back contributions allowed for the purchase of the school property, while work on the grounds and facilities has been ongoing since our visit.
Doors were installed in the school building and the perimeter fence was installed to make the grounds more secure. Meanwhile, the rooftop water tank has also been repaired to prevent major damage to the building in the future.
The work will continue into the summer with several more improvements on the horizon.
Following the end of the school year, construction on the new septic system will begin and all of our donated supplies will be delivered when school resumes.
To everyone who contributed to this wonderful project, we can’t thank you enough. You have made a difference in the lives of some bright young people who needed a helping hand.
To see more photos from Precoa Gives Back and the entire Dominican Republic trip, please visit our Precoa Escapes Flickr account!
Precoa Gives Back: Dominican Republic – By The Numbers
- 189 Precoa volunteers
- 600+ combined service hours
- $26,000+ of donation money raised
- 5,000+ square feet of property purchased for the Mis Primeros Pasos school
- 70+ students entertained during three excursion events
- 51 desks and chairs refurbished
- 50+ bags of school supplies donated
- 4 new shelves & benches constructed
- 3 buildings painted (2 schools and 1 medical clinic)
- 1 new security fence & gate installed
- 1 new toilet and tank installed