What are the dates of the trip and where are we staying?
• February 26 – March 2, we will stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, centrally located in the capital city
of Bangkok. From there, you will choose either the mountain city of Chiang Mai or the famous
island of Phuket to spend the next three nights, March 2-5. In Chiang Mai, we will be staying at the
ShangriLa Chiang Mai. In Phuket, you will have the option of staying at the JW Marriott Phuket or
Anatara Phuket. You will be flying between each city so each of these flights will be booked during
• If you choose to extend your trip to 10 days, you will have the opportunity to visit all three
cities, and experience the beauty of each of Thailand’s distinct regions.
• Please note, you will need to add extra days for travel when planning this trip. Given the time
change and distance of travel, most travelers will depart on February 24th or 25th, and arrive
in Bangkok late on the 26th. For your return trip home, you will gain time. For example, for the
7-day trip, you will depart late on March 5th and return home the evening of March 6th.
Can I bring my children on the trip?
• Yes, all of the hotels on this trip are family friendly.
When will registration take place?
• Registration for Thailand will likely begin in mid to late October and end in mid-November.
I want to attend Thailand. If I don’t earn 1.4 million points between November 1, 2021 and October
31st, 2022, can I use a previously banked qualification to apply toward the Thailand qualification?
• Yes, if you banked your Unico, Cabo or Hawaii qualification, you may use that to apply toward the
1,400,000 Thailand qualification.
• For example, if you use your Cabo qualification of 1,000,000 points, you would only need to earn
400,000 points during this period to reach the full 1,400,000 needed to qualify for Thailand.
What are the extra 300,000 points needed to attend Thailand?
• You must earn 1.4 million points to qualify for Thailand. This is a standard qualification level.
However, 1.7 million total is needed to attend the Super Trip and this is the added cost of attending
a Super Trip. You may pay for these extra 300,000 points with rollover points, academy points or
even purchase this with dollars ($600.00).
Can I bank my 2023 Thailand qualification to use to qualify for another trip in the future?
• No, you may not bank your qualification points. If you qualify but do not wish to attend the Thailand
trip, you may save your points in the form of rollover points. Rollover points can be used on upgrades
on a future trip for which you qualify but may not be used to qualify for a trip.
• We did allow banking qualifications at the start of the pandemic but the last time this was allowed
was with the Hawaii qualification points.
Can I cash out my points?
• The option to cash out will be offered during registration for the trip (October-November 2022)
and paid out at the time of the trip (Feb/March 2023), if still in good standing at that time.
What is the “Bonus Points Period”?
• Between November 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023, qualifiers will have the opportunity to earn bonus
upgrade points. These can be used to help cover the 300,000 points needed to attend or any other
trip upgrades. They will be added to your registration in early February following the end of the
Bonus Points Period.
• If you qualify by October 31, 2022 but choose not to attend the Super Trip, you will still keep any
bonus points earned.
• If you do not qualify for the trip by October 31, 2022, any points earned during this period will be
lost. You may not keep them and you will begin saving points again on February 1, 2023.